cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

HOTSPOT2

Nami Furuta
Booster

I created a label using textblock and richtext2.

Is it possible to freely move the part specified in the textblock with hotspot2?
It doesn't resize the text block, just move it where it's placed
Another method is to prepare two parameters (X direction and Y direction) to specify the distance you want to move.

I would like to know if it is possible to move freely with hotosopt2.

11 REPLIES 11

I think you got an answer to your Hotspot question, but I wonder why you need GDL to label your windows?

Normally I would only expect to see the opening ID and depending on scale possibly the opening size. You can create a label with or without a leader. Do this using Autotext values when adding text to the label [#ElementID, #Width, #Height]. Make sure your label Geometry Method is set to Associative. You can then save it as a favourite label. To label all your openings quickly, use the favourite to set the label values. Select your openings and then use Document > Annotation > Label Selected Elements.

If your labelling needs are more complex please explain, there may be simpler ways than programming a solution.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru

By one of their other replies, they are wanting to have the object create a marker over the opening as well.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!