Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Plan View Shape Discrepancy in Object Setting Dialog Box

Yeojin
Contributor

Hello, I have created an object using GDL. I have written the GDL code to display ±0 in case the value is 0. However, during testing, I encountered an issue where, despite ±0 being displayed in the plan view of the object setting dialog box, it is represented as +0 in the model. Do you have any suggestions for resolving this issue? Or has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I apologize for not being able to share the code due to security reasons. Please let me know if you have any insights. Thank you.

help.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Yeojin
Contributor

Thank you to everyone who provided assistance. The issue has been resolved through a simple solution.

My object has a feature to display the elevation from the floor to the placement location in the floor plan (displayed as ±0 when the elevation is 0).

It was identified that the issue occurred because a user placed the object with a default setting's Relative Base Height set to a value other than 0.

After changing it to 0 and placing the object, the problem did not occur.

Thanks for your comments!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Lots of potential things it could be, not sharing the code will make it very difficult to help.

Maybe you are scaling the distance between plus and minus wrong, maybe there is a missing or extra transformation. I would not use the 2d window in the object selection as a reference for the actual placed object, these to images will vary pending on different view settings especially with text elements. Even the 2d script window kind of sucks. I verify all my 2d code by placing the object and making sure it functions there.

Hopefully that can help.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Which Archicad version are you using?

Are you using the latest update of that version?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru

Rounding?

≈ 0 # 0

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution
Yeojin
Contributor

Thank you to everyone who provided assistance. The issue has been resolved through a simple solution.

My object has a feature to display the elevation from the floor to the placement location in the floor plan (displayed as ±0 when the elevation is 0).

It was identified that the issue occurred because a user placed the object with a default setting's Relative Base Height set to a value other than 0.

After changing it to 0 and placing the object, the problem did not occur.

Thanks for your comments!