Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Next phase of subscription transition announced

Richard Doll
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Community Members, 

Following my recent Graphisoft Insights post on the Subscription transition update, we know how important this topic is for you as our clients and anticipate your comments and questions. To streamline communication, we’ve created this thread to gather everything in one place. We’ll also use it to identify topics that may need further clarification, which we’ll address on our FAQ page.

Please note that while we cannot respond to individual questions in the forum, your local representative is available for personalized support.

Best regards,
Richard

Link to Insights article: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Important-update-Next-phase-of-subscription-...

48 REPLIES 48
Botonis
Advisor

Seems that Graphisoft did a very good job with phrasing its first announcement on April.

"Active SSA/Forward contracts will continue to be serviced beyond 2025."

This "beyond" obviously was "beyond abstract"!!!!!!

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

“SSA/Forward contracts can be renewed through the end of 2025, with Graphisoft continuing to service active contracts through the end of 2026.”

In what sense is the phrase “through the end of” supposed to mean ??? Put your own interpretation on it ? 

For example scenario 1 : A person renews their SSA/FWD contract in the middle of 2025 for 12 months. That takes them to the middle of 2026 and they get Archicad 29 and have to stop there.

Scenario 2 : A person renews SSA/FWD on the 31st Dec 2025 for 12 months. That takes them to end of 2026 and they get Archicad 30 and have to stop there.

How is that fair if your renewal period is favourable to get Archicad 30 and others are only going to get Archicad 29 ?

The fair thing to do would be to give everyone on SSA/FWD, Archicad 30 and pay to the end of 2026. Why should some have to finish with AC29 and not get AC30 ???

Dear Graphisoft, I hope you will do the fair thing with everyone who is on SSA/FWD especially us who have been paying for it for decades.

AC8.1 - AC27 AC28TP ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

Had this exact conversation with Central Innovation. Much of NZ renews during our end of financial year which is mid year and it would lock everyone who doesn’t renew in NOV/DEC out of AC30.

CI couldn’t answer this for me either and they are waiting on Graphisoft to respond.

I don’t know if this situation could have been handled more poorly if they tried. Abstracted and inconsistent communication, arbitrary timelines, absurd pricing increases, reneging on promises, and all accompanied by the most lacklustre AC upgrade of the past decade.

I will be having a similar conversation in the future with CI too. I think we need to give them time to respond. I remember a long time ago we had to fit into a mid year paying cycle and the next version would always fall inside that period. But now the next version falls into October. Like I have said above, I hope that GS & CI will do the right thing by us at the end of SSA/FWD.

AC8.1 - AC27 AC28TP ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

At this point the only thing to say regarding this whole sordid ugly mess is to paraphrase the words of that famous poet, Boscoe Albert Baracus (aka,... BA Baracus*).....

"Ah pity the foo' who still believes anything (else) that comes out of Graphisoft's mouth after all this"

Enlightened Gentlemen (...and Ladies) of a certain age and taste will get the reference.

(*that would be Mr. T, for those of you too old or too young to get or not get the reference, respectiively)

And then they went and erased ALL of the possibly interesting future features that were first seen on the roadmad, either on research or Idea pool. 

This is the aspect that bothers me the most, in fact I would expect that as a counterpart to having been "kindly" forced to switch to the subscription model, increasing the annual cost by about 120%, I would at least expect to see more incisive and more frequent updates during the year-cycle, with all  respect for the item present on the road map that seems mostly usability enhancement.

AC 6.5-27 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB