Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCad 12, shuts down at save/ open - Acer computer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've bought a new computer Acer aspire 5920 G with Vista premium.
2 duo processor, 1.83 GHz, 320 GB

The installation is fine, but when I open the program and try to save a prosject or open a new prosject ArchiCad crashes, and the bug report shows up. Have anyone experienced anything similiar???
I've sent a mail to archicad support, they told me that it might be because of a firewall, so I tried to shut down the firewall, but didnt help.
Have also tried to uninstall the program 2-3 times, but still the same. Also tried to install version 11 instead, but the same problem occur. Can it be because im using Vista? I got Archicad 11 and 12 installed on my old computer, and there it works fine ( Windows XP)

If anyone could help me, it would be highly appreciated!
24 REPLIES 24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad you could sort it out.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
With the help of this topic / forum I got my new Acer 7730G - Vista Home Premium (!) running smoothly I'm impressed, no reseller knew about the Acer eDataSecurity thing...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would not be too hard on them.
I could only figure out because the guys at Graphisoft HQ helped me by looking into my system. This is an obscure little problem affecting only us users of Acer notebooks.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I would not be too hard on them.
Don't worry, I have no such intentions at all
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

had the same problem back in Dec and posted this thread http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=181822

Got so tired of reverting to backup folder for salvaging I learnt autodesk revit and autodesk autocad.

Now I find this post and its solved all my problems!!! I have reverted back to ArchiCAD!!!

Thank you for the help, and I guess I'm kinda glad I didnt find it sooner as now I know Revit and AutoCAD too...

...I finally have a real perspective on Revit vs ArchiCAD!