Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 14 hotfix 4204

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just formatted my pc, re-installed archicad 14. Go to update and download the 4204 hotfix. When I try to run it nothing happens. The wheel starts spinning as if installation has started, but then nothing. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Probably a bad download, check that the file size matches the description size if not redownload.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now things are even worse. I can't even install Archicad from its DVD. A window pops up saying that the Java Runtime Environment is too old. And when I try to install Java from the DVD it says that it is already installed. Go figure.
Barry Kelly
Try deleting ALL Java - you may have more than one version.
The run the installation and install the version of Java that that uses.
You can always update Java to the latest version again afterwards.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is even more weird is that when I put the Archicad DVD into the drive nothing happens. In fact when I got to My Computer the Archicad icon is missing from the DVD drive. As if the drive cannot read the DVD at all. Now i'm starting to worry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried getting rid of Java. But still messages keep popping up that JRE is too old. And then another that says Java is already installed. I put GPU and Motherboard DVDs into the drive,just to check, and they read just fine. Icons and everything. So it seems the problem is with the Archicad 14 DVD itself.As if it is half corrupt. Is that even possible?