Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 28 should be Apple Silicon Only!

archislave
Enthusiast

I hope Graphisoft will release Archicad 28 for Apple Silicon ONLY. This is so they will focus on one platform with having fewer problems on the initial release. 

At this point no company should be running an Intel Mac. It is really worth the upgrade for everything else besides Archicad which seems to be having more issues after four years of the M Macs.

So get your act together Graphisoft!

Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
14 REPLIES 14

Actually, it is very informative. Most people think Chinese is one language like English. So let this be a real forum and not censored like certain governments instruct their "moderators" to do. My original comment was about phasing out the intel Mac version of Archicad so they can focus on ARM Mac and even Windows. So the whole language scenario was not quite so germane to the topic. 

Byt the way, I can't find where to change my signature or information line the end showing the equipment and version.

Archislave

archislave, select your icon in upper right corner, select "My Settings" and then select "Personal Information" under "Personal". Your signature window will be on the right hand side of the page.

Cheers,

Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-6000 USA
2019 MacBook Pro-macOS 15.0 (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)

Thank you so much. I had been there before, but had to scroll the little window to see the information to change it. 

Archislave

When Archicad was first developed (started on Mac platform, pre Intel - 1986) it didn't support windows, or even the PC (properly) until about v5 or v6. Off topic, but its too bad there isn't a universal conversion tool that lets one re-open OLD archives, as I have data from the mid nineties/early 2000's that Id like to access. I don't have the backward compatibility workflow.  Meh.

(unnerved by updates since v.4.55)
archislave
Enthusiast

It really is. I maintained an old Mac mini for legacy projects. Then it just went out on me. Thankfully the SSD was not wiped. Then I discovered Archicad 26 did a great job of converting the v16 projects. I am not sure how to move beyond v26. I am beta testing v28 but it lacks a lot of libraries in the full version it seems. How can we load full US libraries?

Archislave