BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Windows 7 ultimate - archicad 14 startup crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question for wich i haven`t found an answer yet : i have a 4gb ram, i5 processor, ati radeon 5470 @ 1 gb video OS:w7 ultimate ... i installed the archicad 14 from the site with the student licence...installation went ok...installed quicktime and stuff and when i startup archicad it loads the window...the image...but doesn`t load...and not responding...what to do? what`s the problem...?javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
18 REPLIES 18
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you install some other software before the problems started?
If yes, then that may have something to do with it.
Also, if the operating system came preinstalled with some software from the vendor, that may have interfered with ArchiCAD. (I had a program eDatasecurity on my Acer and I just didn't let AC write into certain folders so I had to unistall it to make AC work.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I just want to let you know what caused my AC 14 to crash on startup - it was QuickTime!

I first installed QT (freshly downloaded from Apple's website), followed by installation of Archicad 14. It all seemed OK, AC ran fine... I then uninstalled annoying Apple update (not the QT itself!) and Archicad started to crash each time I started it. I then checked for QT standalone - and it didn't want to load, too. After I reinstalled it (QT), it worked again. And so did ArchiCad!

Cheers,
N78
rob2218
Enthusiast
having now same screen show up as image posted.
I've tried toinstall AC15 now 6 times.
removed and reinstalled all softwares (QT, Java, Adobe) and still no luck.....

WTF is this? was working fine yesterday...now AC15 stopped working...hangs on main screen....and doesn't want to run???

I NEED THIS ISSUE RESOLVED FOLKS.....THIS IS B.S.!!!!

I just got a new Dell Laptop, M6600 with correct vid card and running 16G of ram.....WTF!
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rob, did you reinstall those software from the installation DVD? Those are the versions that are supposed to certainly work with the program.
rob2218
Enthusiast
yes Laz....reinstalled all of the QT, etc...from Archicad15 DVD.
I spoke to a fellow in the north america office this morning......and my case is being sent to Budapest for examination.

has something to do with the Dell Laptop M6600 not allowing the Archicad15 software to get past the 'splash screen'....it hangs and wont go any further......we have removed all the anti-virus software, all the Dell advertisments, all the possible software imaginable and still to no avail.

Could it have something to do with a possible "Restore from previous working version' that Windows 7 allows you to do? I don't know....I just know I've lost a numerous amount of work these past few days......and CAN NOT continue in this manner.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Another user had a similar problem last week.
I advised him to try to run Windows in Safe mode and see if ArchiCAD runs there.
He did it and ArchiCAD was running fine in Safe Mode, which indicates that a program or service that is loaded when running Windows normally (not in safe mode) may be interfering with ArchiCAD is some way, e.g. not letting it access its program folders.
rob2218
Enthusiast
See below what GS HQ in Hungary wrote back:
it appeared to be something related to the video card corruption.

Rob,

our development have checked the dump file that we created together. It seems the graphics card driver is not working properly or is corrupt. That blocks the startup of ArchiCAD as it cannot initialize the hardware accelerated environment in ArchiCAD.

To fix this, uninstall the driver and install the latest one. NVIDIA and AMD has the latest driver on their home pages.

Let me know if you need any help in that also the result of the driver update.

Best regards,

Márton Kiss
Technical Support Engineer
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
So what happened is that i installed Archicad 15 for my laptop , installation went very smooth. everything was ok

After installation i tried clicking on the icon, the image of Archicad 15 appears, it stays there for some time, and then suddenly vanishes, I have tried every method to figure out what the hell could be the issue , with Java Reinstall, Quicktime... everything.... I have followed the troubleshoot as well.

I finally tried to launch it in Safe Mode. and there also it does not start.
it did manage to go beyond the main image screen. It gave me an error regarding firewall is preventing it to open. I have tried changing the firewall settings as well but nothing has happened ! ...

Please Help

System Config : Dell Eps L502X Intel Core i7 8 GB Ram
Untitled.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution: Uninstall all versions of Java, reboot and run the installer again. Java will be reinstalled automatically by the ArchiCAD installation.
Learn and get certified!