Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

how to cut 3d model?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello. i've start working on archicad this week, and was able to make an apartment only i dont know how to look at it from the inside?
i want to print the look from inside the apertment, and also how do i creat the floor to look like ceramic? or a carpet?
thank you very much in advance for your help, i have a projet due to this week.
6 REPLIES 6
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
mic100 wrote:
hello. i've start working on archicad this week, and was able to make an apartment only i dont know how to look at it from the inside?
Do you want a perspective view from the inside, or a 3D cutaway which reveals the inside?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
mic100 wrote:
Do you want a perspective view from the inside, or a 3D cutaway which reveals the inside?

i would like to make a prespective view from the inside.
please help me. thankyou in advance.
michal.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Use the Camera Tool on the ToolBar. First click places the Camera, second click places the point you are looking at. Selecting the Camera and pressing CTRL-T brings up its Settings Dialog where you can adjust those settings. Select the Camera, go to Image\3D Projection Settings. Your Camera settings will be applied to these settings automatically. OK the Dialog, then press CTRL-3 to view it in 3D.
You can find extensive documentation on ArchiCAD functions in the Manual and Help file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Djordje
Virtuoso
mic100 wrote:
i would like to make a prespective view from the inside.
please help me. thankyou in advance.
PLace a camera. Right click on it, choose 3D window. Use the 3D window palette (will show up below the 3D window when you open it) to change your view point.

Enjoy
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Not applicable
YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE CAMERA PORTION TAKEN CARE OF PRETTY WELL. SO I WILL TRY TO HELP WITH THE MATERIALS. FIRST YOU NEED TO CHOOSE YOUR SLAB OR FLOOR COVERING WHICHEVER YOUR CHOSE TO USE. CLICK THE "SETTINGS DIALOGUE BOX" AND GO TO MODEL. CHOOSE YOUR MATERIALS THERE. IF HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE A MATERIAL AND IT DOES NOT SHOW UP. GO TO MATERIALS IN THE OPTIONS PULL DOWN MENU. THERE YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY A TEXTURE TO THE DESIRED MATERIAL WITH THE EDIT TEXTURE OPTION. HOPE THAT HELPS. I UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE DUE PROJECTS. I HAVE A REMODEL I NEED TO COMPLETE THE CD'S FOR AND A MODEL RENDERING IN SKETCH MODE I HAVE TO HAVE BY TOMORROW MORNING. GOOD LUCK.
Djordje
Virtuoso
dfisher73 wrote:
YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE CAMERA PORTION TAKEN CARE OF PRETTY WELL.
Rule No 1 of Internet correspondence:

Thou shalt not shout. All caps means shouting.

This is a cool place ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen