Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Add surface to Polygon or Plane

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have written a GDL object. The lines are drawn and GDL script is OK. But there is no fill on the surface.
When I write the 3D script with PGON, the error message comes " Wrong Edge Index at PGON xx".

When using command PLANE, the error comes " Normal vector and edge x is not perpendicular in peon x in elem xxx"
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
rtaheri wrote:
When using command PLANE, the error comes " Normal vector and edge x is not perpendicular in peon x in elem xxx"
This means the surface does not stay in a single plane. You will need to check the coordinates of all the points.

You will get a better response if you explain what you are trying to accomplish.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot David.

I have an object in wireframe, with only lines, using vert and edges. I am trying to add surface fill to the object.

However when make PGONs error comes " Wrong Edge Index at PGON xx".

I tried using PLANE instead and the vector error message appears. I will try to make 3 sided PLANEs and see what happens.

Roya
David Maudlin
Rockstar
rtaheri wrote:
I will try to make 3 sided PLANEs and see what happens.
That should work, as any 3 points will be in (define) a single plane. Beyond 3 points is when the coordinates need to be calculated to ensure all points are in a single plane.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot David. Your comment helped me solve the problem. You are great. 🙂