BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Importing and Cleaning up Objects in Archicad

JaredBanks
Mentor

There's a bunch of ways to clean up/create Objects in Archicad. Here's a link to my recent blog post and YouTube video showing how to take a SketchUp object, explode it into a morph, clean it up, and turn it into a Archicad object with a good 2D symbol:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2023/10/23/archicad-tutorial-95-importing-and-cleaning-up-objects-in-archic...

And here's a link to the YouTube video itself, if you want to skip the additional info in the blog post:

https://youtu.be/cU4gNFADZm8?si=5xK0plk9EkhF0sSY

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
13 REPLIES 13

DreamHost is supplying free certificates via Let's Encrypt. You just need to go through the process and add it to your domain. A quick search presents an article from DreamHost about how to do it.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
DGSketcher
Legend

@JaredBanks Back to your OP, you could also combine everything you have shown with the Library Part Maker add-on to generate objects with MVO controlled detail if that was relevant to the SU model and user requirements.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I haven't looked at LPM in way too long. I'm looking forward to hearing James Murray talk about it this afternoon during his Archicad by the Beach presentation. We had a presentation on Modelport 3.0 yesterday and that looks really promising for similar import needs.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Karl, Thanks for pointing this out. It was the kick in the <redacted> that I needed. I got the SSL certificate all set up this morning. Everything should load properly for you now.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Learn and get certified!