Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Issues with the representation in 2D of the library

Eva13
Participant

Hello everyone! First I'm foreign (French as you will see in the screenshots) so I hope I can be understand whithout a lot of difficulties.

i have some issues with the representation of my entire library (all objects, doors, windows…).

Indeed I'm in the process of creating an archicad model of my own. And I've come up with a new set of pens…

But because of that, my library is blue in plan. As you can see in these screenshots.

1.png

Eva13_0-1720084660149.png

3.png

What I understand that is happening that the pen that is attributed by the software is linked to the location of it in the palet. And when I created my own it became blue, because I have a blue pen located there. (Correct me if I wrong 🙂 ).

I'm searching for a way to change the pen that is employed for the color of the hatch

And I want too do it so when I save this file as a new archicad model it will stay as I want.

Does someone here as the answer?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.5 Sonoma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You don't want to be changing default settings of objects.

You can do it but you will have to do it for every object (nearly) in your library and also do it every time you update your library.

What you should do is ensure that certain pens used by objects remain the same - i.e. pens 19 and 91 that are used for the white fill.

The same applies to fills. line types, surfaces and building materials.

You need to find out what your objects use as defaults and keep those in place as is in your template.

Everything else you can change.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

You don't want to be changing default settings of objects.

You can do it but you will have to do it for every object (nearly) in your library and also do it every time you update your library.

What you should do is ensure that certain pens used by objects remain the same - i.e. pens 19 and 91 that are used for the white fill.

The same applies to fills. line types, surfaces and building materials.

You need to find out what your objects use as defaults and keep those in place as is in your template.

Everything else you can change.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author