Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wish upon an Object from BIMcomponents.com

Levente Filetoth
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

I guess I am preaching to the choir when saying that GDL is one of the core assets of ArchiCAD. To provide support for great GDL content to get created we launched BIMcomponents.com with ArchiCAD 16. In order to give some boost to the interest for the topic we decided to help deliver some long wished GDL objects that no-one has created as of yet.

Here we call upon a little contest: share your wish for an object that you cannot find in the standard ArchiCAD library and we will see to it that some of them get programmed and shared with all of you through the BIMcomponents.com portal.

The rules are very simple, just make a post with a concise description of what you think could be solved with the help of GDL and your award is that if your idea turns out to be interesting enough it will be programed by a professional GDL developer.

Please give us your ideas and let's see if we can create some extra value to the ArchiCAD community with the help of GDL.

Disclaimer: This promotional activity's goal is to find objects that are over the line of standard object development project, hence will never make it to the standard ArchiCAD library. Please use this thread to provide your input to this specific topic and please avoid raising issues related to the development of the standard ArchiCAD object libraries and/or to the development of the GDL technology in general. Thank you for your understanding.
Levente Filetoth
Architect, www.graphisoft.com
MacBook Pro 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.8.
ArchiCAD 4.5 - 19
93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Lev had to look into it and fix from his side.
As a note when I checked this years receipt for the SSA it said that I was paid up until Aprl 2012 which might be a problem with GSUS.
When I took a look at "MyArchicad" it said it expired on 6-2012 which is not true, as I long ago I paid for it and received 16 when it first shipped to U.S. customers.
Think I'll PM Levente with my number.
Thanks for all your help eduardo.
Take care.
Be safe out there.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lev

I have sent you a PM regarding my SSA.

Regards

S
Hobbesnb
Booster
I had a few minor wishes for objects:

1. Bull-nose end for masonry walls: Currently, the bull-nose wall object doesn't create an accurate representation of a bull-nosed masonry block, but rather a fully round or parabolic shape. I have to use the polygonal wall tool to make my bull-nosed ends.

2. Bar Joist objects with parametric beam seats that can accommodate angled joist configurations.
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
Levente Filetoth
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We are pleased to announce the next object within the scope of the "Wish upon an object" project. The original wish was posted by Richard Rinehart on Facebook:
"How about a 3d ceiling object where lights, diffusers, sprinkler heads, etc. can be very quickly and easily edited and would include a number of ceiling types, perhaps to match what is available from companies like Armstrong... July 31 at 12:42am"

The 3D ceiling object is available on the profile page of ManuBIM (https://bimcomponents.com/Profile/875490) and is also available in a free download for all visitors to the BIMComponents portal. Please note that there are two separate ceiling objects; one is optimized for metric and the other is for imperial units.

This object is a parametric suspended ceiling object for designs with editable panels and accessories. Ceiling panels can be placed in a customizable grid with various edge and border treatment pre-sets. Panels can also be edited individually.

Please drop us a line if you have some thoughts or wishes about how to improve the functionality of this object. All feedback about the BIMComponents portal is also welcome!

Thank you!
Levente Filetoth
Architect, www.graphisoft.com
MacBook Pro 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.8.
ArchiCAD 4.5 - 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
I went to the links you provided and logged in, went to the ceiling object for U.S. but no option to download was working.
Updated:
Finally found the not obvious "drag to 16" button, strange download, but it seems to have worked.
Can't figure out how to select single panel yet.
Duh, OK, figured it out.

Would like the option of putting more than one round light/object in a single 2'x4' panel.
AND/OR be able to offset in selected panel, not just centered all the time would be more in line with in the field reality.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys,
We have created a new thread for the new Ceiling Editor Object specifically:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40696

I have copied questions related to it to that thread so you can find those there.
Please discuss that Object in the other thread so we can keep this thread for the wishes.

Thanks
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tim Ball
Expert
How about a text object with different levels of information that can be accessed in schedules
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
TMA_80 wrote:
I don't if this can be considered as an object:

A Zone that can be dispalyed in section and elevation ( color , informations)
If you select the Zones, then choose the 3D windo option to show only selection, Zones will show in 3D. Then you can just configure the 3D view to be an elevation (orthographic, side view).
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
I wish for the BIM-component portal to allow independent object developers to sell their objects, now that Objects Online have closed off that side of their business, to focus only on Abvent product. I had several of the above wished-for objects for sale there at modest cost before OO closed the doors to us developers who helped build the site in the first place.

Many skilled developers are reluctant to spend many hours creating an object only to give it away.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really wish the standard Library window object, when using an arched top header would allow the material below the header to be altered, thus not allowing the wall material to bleed through. Sorry to be still banging on about this still after 5 years, but please, Graphisoft, do something about this basic object error!