Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

AC28 SSA AI VISUALIZER

Michal Borowski
Contributor

Please can someone explain to me why as a SSA member I can't use the AI ​​visualizer add-on?

How is paying for SSA membership different from paying for Collaborate, since I'm paying for the program anyway? Why do I not have access to a fully functional program because of this?

Moreover, the student version has such access. In that case, am I to understand that I use the SSA version to perform the project, and for visualization I can use the student version?

Doesn't that seem absurd?

image.png
8 REPLIES 8
Jp1138
Advisor

It´s been talked about here: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Valid-license-required-to-run-AI-visualizer-I-assume-I...

Graphisoft wants you to forget about your perpetual license and get a subscription, which price they can up anytime they want without you being able to do anything about it 😛

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

GS is reneging on their commitment to let the user choose to have (and pay for) perpetual access to their content at known terms. As a way to lure any holdouts to relinquish this right to access they now are trying to make subscription access seem as a good deal by exclusive access and conditional pricing.

Okay, but according to the SSA agreements we should receive a "full version" of the program, not "a full version, but without..."

The question is what else does the SSA client not have access to?

For now its just the AI visualiser but I wouldn't be surprised to see other functions being tied to the cloud (publishing, model check, surfaces etc.) in coming years givning GS an excuse to differentiate it from core functionality and thus discriminate. But with GS planning to simply stop servicing SSA contracts at the end of 2026 the question of functional divergence becomes rather moot.

I suppose they can say it´s an addon, not really an integral part of the program. They could just continue stripping things away and it would be very little which we can do. As @thesleepofreason says, with the SSA option ending in 2026, it doesnt matter so much 😓

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Ok, but note that AI Visualizer was advertised as an integral part of the program, what's more - it is installed together, just like e.g. MEP

You are right. I suppose if their layers see it the same way, in the next patch they´ll take it away from the main installer, that´s the way things seem to work around here lately 😅😅😅

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Eduardo Bell
Enthusiast

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 9.07.24 AM.png

Yes, I feel for all of us long time users. In my opinion "GRAPHISOFT is not just part of the Nemetschek Group", we "the users", are collectively the spirit that gives it life. We helped build this company, it's been an over the years international community effort. Archicad has been funded and developed by shared effort with each one of its users. 

Since I am able to generate AI images of my projects with other AI rendering engines in less than an on-line minute, I suspect it would have been technically possible for GS to grant us access to their AI servers.

I was fully charged for the AI visualizer for my Mac-Intel based AC28. (USD 1,141.88). Do I feel ripped off? Yes. Would I accept a partial refund? Yes. But my preference is that I would appreciate if GS re-considers this discriminatory policy. I would certainly support joining legal action to mend this wrong. If anyone else is thinking along these lines, feel free to contact me by email at eco.sbhire@gmail.com

USA v4.55 to v28-b3001 OS Sonoma v 14.6.1
MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram
Perpetual License Subscriber