Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 announced - how do you like the new features?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please see the announcement and info about the new features here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/

Let us use this thread to discuss the new features of the program.

On the above page there is also a link using which you can register to watch the ARCHICAD 21 Event.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
115 REPLIES 115
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rogerdodge wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
I think the ARCHICAD 21 Stair Tool will be more capable in many regards than the CADImage Stair Tool.
After just watching the videos I have to agree, I can see the cadimage stairs being surplus to requirements for me.
Well, there is a big difference, because you will not have to pay extra fgr another program.

Cheers

Damian
Anonymous
Not applicable
No we get the core Cadimage tools included with our license fee in NZ
Bruce
Advisor
Are inclined risers possible?
2017-05-04_7-37-45.jpg
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5060 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Eduardo Rolon
yep
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 6.12.36 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Bruce
Advisor
Nice. From what I've seen in the videos, this is a very welcome addition.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5060 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Besides the new stair and railing tool, I read the addition of Building Material and complex profiles for library parts, if it is what I'm thinking we will be able to choose any profile for doors and windows casings, and also we'll be able to do the white model with glass with graphics override, and more.

Can someone say something about it? if is like that, then I think this is also a great +.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
arqrivas wrote:
Besides the new stair and railing tool, I read the addition of Building Material and complex profiles for library parts, if it is what I'm thinking we will be able to choose any profile for doors and windows casings...
So, in ARCHICAD 21 both Building Materials and Profiles were developed for GDL as well so any GDL-based element (including Doors and Windows) can use Profiles.
However, the given Library Part would have to be modified/updated to be able to use Profiles. I checked one of the default Windows and I do not see such a change. I think this would take considerable development time to update all ARCHICAD default library part to be able to use Profiles.
Would be great though to be able use Profiles for Window Frame, Sash, Reveal/Closure, Casing, Sill and Board, etc.
A similar list would exist for Doors, Cabinets and many other GDL Object types. Lots of possibilities.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
arqrivas wrote:
and windows casings, and also we'll be able to do the white model with glass with graphics override, and more.

Can someone say something about it? if is like that, then I think this is also a great +.
I am not aware of any new developments on the Graphic Override Dialog, you will still be able to override whole elements only.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
laszlonagy wrote:
I am not aware of any new developments on the Graphic Override Dialog, you will still be able to override whole elements only.
In the 3D Styles, you can override all surface to a uniform colour - whilst keeping the transparency. Maybe this is what was being referred to
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
James wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
I am not aware of any new developments in the Graphic Override Dialog, you will still be able to override whole elements only.
In the 3D Styles, you can override all surface to a uniform colour - whilst keeping the transparency. Maybe this is what was being referred to
Yes, James, you are right, that might be it.