Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Amending window attributes to match

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I change some attributes on a particular window like, Pen colours for plan view and elevations, dimension marker text, materials etc
How can I copy all the attributes I have changed into the remainder of my windows with out changing the physical appearance of the window (using eyedropper)
This would apply to any object, walls, columns etc. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Ctrl+Shift+T.

But you need to select the things you want to edit first.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
That brings up the 'edit selection set' dialogue but how do you use it. I have read the help.
If I have one window that has a blue pen for the main frame in contour and the others are pink pen, how would I change the blue pen window using ctrl+shift+T?

Thanks
Barry Kelly
Ctrl+Shift+T will only let you change the 2D pen colour and layer of the selected objects.
You can't change object parameters using this.

The eye dropper and syringe tools can transfer parameter settings from one object to one or more other objects but unfortunately you can't pick and choose which parameters to transfer.
All settings (height, width, layer and all parameters) will transfer - unless you have edited the objects GDL parameter list not to transfer the setting.

To change just one or two parameters that are common in all selected objects you have no choice except to select those objects together and change the parameters in the settings.

NOTE: if you select multiple objects with varied pen colours you will see the settings for only the last object selected.
If that pen colour is blue and you want all the others to be blue then nothing will happen.
You have to change to a different pen colour (say green) and then OK this and then back to the settings to change the pen colour to blue.
Or you must deselect the objects that already have the correct pen colour.
Or ensure that the last object you select has the wrong pen colour so that you can change it.

Hope that makes sense.
It has always annoyed me that the parameters don't say "various" when multiple object with different settings are selected.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
NOTE: if you select multiple objects with varied pen colours you will see the settings for only the last object selected.
If that pen colour is blue and you want all the others to be blue then nothing will happen.
You have to change to a different pen colour (say green) and then OK this and then back to the settings to change the pen colour to blue.
Or you must deselect the objects that already have the correct pen colour.
Or ensure that the last object you select has the wrong pen colour so that you can change it.

Barry.
You can just change the colour to something other than blue, then change it to blue again without hitting o.k. and going back into the settings.
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
You can just change the colour to something other than blue, then change it to blue again without hitting o.k. and going back into the settings.
Yes you can to.
Must admit I don't do this very often.
I'm sure it used to be different though at least in the edit selection set dialogue.
I'm sure you had to OK and change again - maybe I am just imagining things.

Thanks for the update Stuart.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11