Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall Problem: Frames not visible in 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everybody,

I hope someone can help me because I'm trying to find out the solution for a long time with no results.

When I draw a curtain wall (with default settings or not) I can see its frames in plan but when I go to 3D view they are allways missing, no matter what I do.

It's very annoying Does this happened to anyone else?

(Im using Archicad 18 on Yosemite)

3D view of CW.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Model View Options Dialog, in the Options for Construction Elements panel, make sure that the Full radio button is selected for Curtain Wall Options.

IF that is the cause you should also check and, if needed, modify your saved Model View Option combinations because some of them might contain this setting.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Have you tried some different settings with 'Design' -> 'Modify Curtain Wall' -> 'Edit System'?
To access it you'll have to select the curtain wall.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer Dontknow

I have tried but no result.

It is curious that when I select a frame its boundary box is shown Needless to say, the frames are not in invisible mode.
boundary.jpg
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Model View Options Dialog, in the Options for Construction Elements panel, make sure that the Full radio button is selected for Curtain Wall Options.

IF that is the cause you should also check and, if needed, modify your saved Model View Option combinations because some of them might contain this setting.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:

Problem Solved That was exactly the solution!!! Thank You very much Laszlonagy!!! Best wishes!!!!! ^^