Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall door object not working properly in 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting some weird things happening with the curtain wall door object and some of the wooden interior doors not showing right in 3-d. Any suggestions.

Model - Bldg.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
It's a bug that GS is working on. See other posts this topic.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
outpostarc wrote:
I'm getting some weird things happening with the curtain wall door object and some of the wooden interior doors not showing right in 3-d. Any suggestions.
I haven't looked at the curtain wall object, but the wood doors have a problem in the code of the doors themselves which makes the door panel (leaf) model solid if any solid element operations have been done to the wall they are in. Is this what you mean?

The picture of your curtain wall looks like another error in the library part. It appears not to be cutting the right size hole for itself. You could take a look in the GDL, but some of the Graphisoft library parts are hard to figure out. The quick work around is to add an empty opening of the correct size to cut out the wall. (Openings can overlap or coincide without adverse effect.)
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Matthew wrote:
I haven't looked at the curtain wall object, but the wood doors have a problem in the code of the doors themselves which makes the door panel (leaf) model solid if any solid element operations have been done to the wall they are in. Is this what you mean?
I just sent a file off to tech support about this very thing, not knowing it was a known bug. I had it occuring in walls that had been SEO'd and with doors D1 81 and D2 81 but door D2 French 81 displayed properly in the same walls. Is this problem limited to certain doors? Is there a work around?
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Djordje
Ace
Ted wrote:
I just sent a file off to tech support about this very thing, not knowing it was a known bug. I had it occuring in walls that had been SEO'd and with doors D1 81 and D2 81 but door D2 French 81 displayed properly in the same walls. Is this problem limited to certain doors? Is there a work around?
The problem is in the SEOs; the bug is officially recognized and is being worked on.

So refrain from SEOs if they are not absolutely necessary, and if they are, use Matthew's GDL solution for the doors in the walls that have been SEOd.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
If modifying GDL code is too much for you, there is an ugly work-around.

1. Make an empty opening in the main wall.
2. Insert a wall to exactly fill the opening.
3. Place the door in the in-fill wall.