Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door tags not visible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set the Document/ Set model view/ Model view options/ to show door tags. Yet when I hit on a door the option for the tag is not there. Please help if you have any advice. Thanks, Gary
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
G$ wrote:
I have set the Document/ Set model view/ Model view options/ to show door tags. Yet when I hit on a door the option for the tag is not there. Please help if you have any advice. Thanks, Gary
Do your doors actually have markers assigned to them?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
No they do not have tags assigned to them. I don't have that option in the door dialog box. That is why I am confused. I have no option on the doors to add the tags even though I thought I had set things up in the model view option to have a option and show door tags.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This would be a little easier if you included your hardware/software specs in your signature, so we knew what version you were using. But, you should be able to assign a door marker under the Dimension Marker panel of your Door Settings dialog. You'll need to have the ArchiCAD Library loaded and your door(s) selected first.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry the signature is a bit cryptic. I am using AC 10, on a new MacTel Powerbook pro, w/ 2 gig ram. I have the standard AC10 library loaded and am using a D1 int door 10 door library part. I have used 10 on another project and have had the dimension marker panel available. Here it seems to be gone. I know it must be something simple but it is not there. Layers are unlocked, door selected but no dimension dialog box to fool with to change dimensions of tags, what is shown on the tags etc. I am at a loss, thanks for your help.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
MacTel? Hmmmm - well I may leave this for a MacTel member to respond to, because if the Dimension Marker panel is completely missing, then I can only asume it's a MacTel specific problem.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ouch, I was hoping this was going to be a easy one. If I send this file to another person here in the office the dialog box shows up. I have no dimension marker dialog box in either windows or doors.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
G$ wrote:
Ouch, I was hoping this was going to be a easy one. If I send this file to another person here in the office the dialog box shows up. I have no dimension marker dialog box in either windows or doors.
Are you saying that the entire panel is missing, as per the attached image? If so, it could be part of your Work Environment. Go to Tool Settings Dialog Boxes and make sure the eye is open next to that panel in your door and window tools.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was it. I thought it had to be a global setting somewhere, I appreciate your help.
Sorry I couldn't figure that one out on my own.

Gary