cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drag To Point Not Working

Brandylee341
Participant

When I try to add a drag to point for anything it doesn't move it in a straight line it moves it diagonal as well. This also happens when I am trying to create lines or wall etc. 

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 10.41.56 AM.png

  

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 10.42.17 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.5

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Brandylee341,

You should activate the (Shift) key while you drag to lock movement to only Horizontally or Vertically & not diagonally.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

When holding in the shift key, it won't let me type in the distance I want it moved for the drag to point. I only lets me actually drag it.

'SHIFT+R' or 'SHIFT+D' will constrain in the direction you want and then allow you to type the Radius or Distance (same thing when direction is constrained).

But that should be the same as typing 'Y' and inputting the distance.

But because you are moving your mouse on an angle when you drag, the 'Y' distance is being set properly, but you are also adjusting the 'X' value.

You could type 0 in the X field.

Or use the R or SHIFT+D as mentions above.

Or start to drag you element, move the mouse back to the starting point (tracker will show 0 for distance, X & Y values.

Now type Y to activate it in the tracker and type the figure you want to move followed by + for up or - for down.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author