cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Favorite Palette

Llian
Advocate
I don't seem to be able to reduce the width of the palette without losing the names. This is the smallest width. Can anyone help?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Llian
Advocate
After the update 8005, the issue seems to have resolved. I can now reduced the width without losing the description. 🙂
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Have you tried adjusting the column width marker?
I don't seem to have this in the Windows version so I don't know if it can be adjusted or not (or even why it would be there).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rick Thompson
Expert
I have the same issue with 20. The last update was said to fix it, but not for me. The column adjuster doesn't work, best I can tell. The odd thing is it was fine after migrating from 19, but started acting up after I did a re-install trying to fix something unrelated. I had to switch to icons, which I don't really like.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
No real fix for the problem at hand, but have you tried using the 'popup' favourites from the toolbox icons/buttons? You can change these to list / 3D preview as preferred and you don't have another palette cluttering your workspace.

You can also get to the favourites fairly easily from the settings dialogue of all the tools.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Llian
Advocate
Thanks everyone. I can reduce if switch to the medium thumbnail view….oh well! it's about adapting to change.
Lilian Seow
Solution
Llian
Advocate
After the update 8005, the issue seems to have resolved. I can now reduced the width without losing the description. 🙂
Lilian Seow