Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Intersection fails

angelicajasmin
Newcomer
I'm kinda new to ArchiCAD but haven't had any troubles until today when re-opening my project, suddenly my walls refuses to intersect without a part of the wall disappearing, what am I doing wrong and how do I make them intersect as they should? Also I would be glad on any tips regarding intersecting more than two lines that aren't 90° angled so they look as they're supposed to... Se pic:

Skärmavbild 2015-05-19 kl. 15.33.02.png
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Most of the time this happens because there is a Wall on a hidden Layer and your visible Walls intersect with that Wall. You can find this out by making all your Layers visible.

This article can help you in handling such situations. Layers have an Intersection Number and the rule is that Walls and Beam will intersect with Walls or Beam that are located on a Layer with the same Layer Intersection Number. (Please note that you can save Layer Combinations and the Layer Intersection Number of a given Layer can be different in different Layer Combinations):

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/configuration/attributes/lay...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
angelicajasmin
Newcomer
Oh thanks! Good to know for the future, this time though I found that I had forgotten that I had changed the heights on some of the walls but not on the other ones, when I had changed so that they all were the same, it intersected properly... So obviously you can't have different heights of the walls on the ground floor without it being marked, which actually is a pretty good function to make you notice ^^ Now I know that...