Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Moving from Mac to PC & Hotlinked Drawings

Stuart Bloese
Booster
I have been asked to try out a PC with a view to move from Mac to PC. So far I have had vrey few problems working on new projects in 8.1, other than hitting the wrong shortcut keys.

My problems start when I open up ArchiCAD 7 projects that have originally been created on a Mac. When I open up a v7 project and go to file save special the option "Hotlinked drawings" is greyed out meening that there are no hotlinked drawings to save. If I create a new PMK it will show up under save special - Hotlinked Drawings, but this is the only hotlink that I can select, none of the others appear anymore.

So far I have tried creating Hotlinked drawings on a PC then opening the project on a Mac and I encouter the same problem. I have also tried opening up a v7 project in v8.1 on a Mac, some of the hotlinked drawings convert into view sets, but not all.

Has anybody got any ideas, or fixes for this?

PC Spec:
3 Ghz P4, 1 Gig ram, 128 meg Radeon 9600XT, Windows XP sp1.

Thanks in advance

Stuart Bloese
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Virtuoso
Stuart wrote:
My problems start when I open up ArchiCAD 7 projects that have originally been created on a Mac. When I open up a v7 project and go to file save special the option "Hotlinked drawings" is greyed out meening that there are no hotlinked drawings to save. If I create a new PMK it will show up under save special - Hotlinked Drawings, but this is the only hotlink that I can select, none of the others appear anymore.
See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=13815#13815
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Stuart Bloese
Booster
Thanks for that, this partly answers the problem. Our server was updated over Christmas so this explains the V7 to V8 problems.

It is just V7 Mac to V7 PC that now removes Hotlinked drawings, but I suppose that I can update the projects to 8.1 if I need to work on a Mac v7 project on PC

Stuart