cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

some terrain help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I've encountered two things in my journey into archicad that I was hoping you can address
my first is, as you can see in the attatchment, my hill is pretty bumpy with obvious triangles, is the answer to this more nodes?

secondly,
i am making a park with walking/running tracks on it that go up and down hills etc, what is the best way to create these?

thanks

myfirsthill.JPG
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can apply a material to the top of the mesh that shows the roads/driveways/paths etc, similar to the one attached. This is relatively simple to create using fills and making a texture from the 3D window. If there is enough interest I can create a tutorial on how to do it.

Another way is to actually model the elements with a mesh, by copying the existing mesh and minusing the paths out of it, then pasting the existing mesh and minusing the rest out of it. This has been covered on ArchiCAD-Talk a few times, but can have unpredictable results depending on the complexity of your mesh. However it does allow you to raise/lower the paths.

Cheers,
Link.
ArchiLINK Site.jpg
Djordje
Ace
edd91 wrote:
i am making a park with walking/running tracks on it that go up and down hills etc, what is the best way to create these?
ArchiTerra.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
You can apply a material to the top of the mesh that shows the roads/driveways/paths etc, similar to the one attached. This is relatively simple to create using fills and making a texture from the 3D window. If there is enough interest I can create a tutorial on how to do it.

Another way is to actually model the elements with a mesh, by copying the existing mesh and minusing the paths out of it, then pasting the existing mesh and minusing the rest out of it. This has been covered on ArchiCAD-Talk a few times, but can have unpredictable results depending on the complexity of your mesh. However it does allow you to raise/lower the paths.

Cheers,
Link.
hey link with your first method can you run paths up hills? like the hill in my attatchment?
if so, a tutorial would be sweet
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:

Cheers,
Link.
Count me in on the interested bunch for the tutorial!

Mats
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
G'day Link

I would be interested in that tutorial as well! What do you need for that? an aerial photo, or do you make it up in other ways?
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If there is enough interest I can create a tutorial on how to do it.
Done.

Please check it out at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2599&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
Done.
Also in Tips & Tricks!

Well done, Mr. Ellis!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Done.

Please check it out at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2599&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Cheers,
Link.
Sweet! Have to try this. I guess my urge for large textures taken from above will increase...may rent a small aircraft...