Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Need Help with Publishing

Do we have to apply the print options to each item inside Publisher.?

In Plotmaker 3.1, I drag about 6 drawings into the publish dialogue window.
My goal was to have 6 quick 11 x 17" print.
a)The print set up was checked for correct size.
b)the print settings was checked for selected items, and
c)the print options was set to "Shrink largest layout to 35% and apply this to all"

Well, this latest option was applied only to the selected drawing.
If I select all the drawings in the list, for uniformly set all the drawings, all the printing controlling options are grayed-out.

So I have to go, one by one, and apply the " shrink largest.............." to each drawing.

Is there any way to apply uniform printing options to all the drawings in a layout book when using the Publisher.

Conrado
AC8.1, PM 3.1; printing to an HP Laserjet 5000N
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
conrado

put the layouts into a folder:

the yellow folder icon button at the top of the publisher drawing list well will create a new folder, alternatively, if you have your layouts in subsets, drag a whole subset folder across into the publisher list . . .

then just select the folder - the publishing options are applied to each layout within it. you will see the 'print setup' and 'print settings' are no longer greyed-out, (but 'print options' are. haven't quite figured that out yet . . .)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
Conrado wrote:
Is there any way to apply uniform printing options to all the drawings in a layout book when using the Publisher.
Why do you have to Publish? Simply Print - the whole layout book, or the selected layouts.

Or am I missing something?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thanks Ben, I'll try putting all the layouts into a folder.

Djorde:
Why "Publish instead of "Print"

Because I was in the Publishing Windows, I saw the Print option and I wanted to experiment. I was following Murphy's Software Law # ???: "If you know how to do something, trying some other way maybe better, but never easier"

Thanks to you guys, now I know better

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Djordje
Ace
Conrado wrote:
Djorde:
Why "Publish instead of "Print"
I answered my question myself today (the usual DUH procedure of ArchiCAD Talk)

There IS a reason for Publishing to printer - if you need different printer setup in the same LBK. I was (trying to) shoot out a LBK that had color pages that had to be printed with high quality and 3 times as much plans, sections and elevations that needed only B&W and that were quite OK i 360 dpi. So - the only way I could find (between printer runningout of ink and the company's server crashing, never mind two power cuts - I am on a laptop) is to Publish.

Never say never ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen