Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Need Help with Publishing

Do we have to apply the print options to each item inside Publisher.?

In Plotmaker 3.1, I drag about 6 drawings into the publish dialogue window.
My goal was to have 6 quick 11 x 17" print.
a)The print set up was checked for correct size.
b)the print settings was checked for selected items, and
c)the print options was set to "Shrink largest layout to 35% and apply this to all"

Well, this latest option was applied only to the selected drawing.
If I select all the drawings in the list, for uniformly set all the drawings, all the printing controlling options are grayed-out.

So I have to go, one by one, and apply the " shrink largest.............." to each drawing.

Is there any way to apply uniform printing options to all the drawings in a layout book when using the Publisher.

Conrado
AC8.1, PM 3.1; printing to an HP Laserjet 5000N
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
conrado

put the layouts into a folder:

the yellow folder icon button at the top of the publisher drawing list well will create a new folder, alternatively, if you have your layouts in subsets, drag a whole subset folder across into the publisher list . . .

then just select the folder - the publishing options are applied to each layout within it. you will see the 'print setup' and 'print settings' are no longer greyed-out, (but 'print options' are. haven't quite figured that out yet . . .)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Virtuoso
Conrado wrote:
Is there any way to apply uniform printing options to all the drawings in a layout book when using the Publisher.
Why do you have to Publish? Simply Print - the whole layout book, or the selected layouts.

Or am I missing something?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thanks Ben, I'll try putting all the layouts into a folder.

Djorde:
Why "Publish instead of "Print"

Because I was in the Publishing Windows, I saw the Print option and I wanted to experiment. I was following Murphy's Software Law # ???: "If you know how to do something, trying some other way maybe better, but never easier"

Thanks to you guys, now I know better

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Djordje
Virtuoso
Conrado wrote:
Djorde:
Why "Publish instead of "Print"
I answered my question myself today (the usual DUH procedure of ArchiCAD Talk)

There IS a reason for Publishing to printer - if you need different printer setup in the same LBK. I was (trying to) shoot out a LBK that had color pages that had to be printed with high quality and 3 times as much plans, sections and elevations that needed only B&W and that were quite OK i 360 dpi. So - the only way I could find (between printer runningout of ink and the company's server crashing, never mind two power cuts - I am on a laptop) is to Publish.

Never say never ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen