Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Parameter transfer between doors is not working AC23

4hotshoes
Advisor
Using D1-23, I changed parameters to a desired setting. I loaded the parameters with the "suction" tool. I opened the Door Settings and found the D2-23 (dbl door) and tried to inject parameters with Control-Option-click on the D2-23 door. but nothing changed that I could see. The syringe icon did not show.

What might be happening? BTW, this did not work in AC22 either.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4hotshoes
Advisor
OK! I discovered my problem. The syringe tool does not work on existing favorites, only on unsaved windows. I wish it did work on favorites.

Now I need to figure out a system that updates parameters on favorites without deleting and creating new. I have tried to understand the process that works, but I keep getting frustrated, thinking that I updated a favorite, but it does not. There is a sequence that works because I have done it by trial and error without know what did it.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check your element settings transfer settings, the way this tools works was changed back in archicad 21

Regards
Scott
4hotshoes
Advisor
I checked that and never changed them or touched them. I am not even getting a syringe symbol.
Todd Oeftger
Karl Ottenstein
4hotshoes wrote:
Using D1-23, I changed parameters to a desired setting. I loaded the parameters with the "suction" tool. I opened the Door Settings and found the D2-23 (dbl door) and tried to inject parameters with Control-Option-click on the D2-23 door. but nothing changed that I could see. The syringe icon did not show.

What might be happening? BTW, this did not work in AC22 either.

Your signature says you're on a Mac.... cmd-option click is the syringe, not ctrl-option. Works fine for me. Place D1 23, alter its settings, opt-click to eyedropper the settings, make sure nothing is selected in plan (Esc) , with Door tool active, open settings, cmd-option click on D2-23 and the settings transfer fine.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
4hotshoes
Advisor
I have tried:
1. Inserting the good window.
2. Deselecting everything
3. Option-click to load the parameters of the good window
4. Open window tool settings
5. Mouse over a non-configured window I want to change (no clicking)
6. Press Control-Option; no syringe. I have tried ctrl-opt, ctrl-cmd, opt-cmd and included shift in every combination of those and nothing works.

Could my keyboard shortcuts have been changed to cause this? If So which one would effect this?
Todd Oeftger
Solution
4hotshoes
Advisor
OK! I discovered my problem. The syringe tool does not work on existing favorites, only on unsaved windows. I wish it did work on favorites.

Now I need to figure out a system that updates parameters on favorites without deleting and creating new. I have tried to understand the process that works, but I keep getting frustrated, thinking that I updated a favorite, but it does not. There is a sequence that works because I have done it by trial and error without know what did it.
Todd Oeftger
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you want to update an object favourite without clicking on it, hover over the favourite you want to update and click the “...” circle icon, from that menu you can use redefine. This will update it without having to select it first.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
4hotshoes
Advisor
James wrote:
If you want to update an object favourite without clicking on it, hover over the favourite you want to update and click the “...” circle icon, from that menu you can use redefine. This will update it without having to select it first.
So if I change my favorite "Fixed Window" trim to be wider and Update the Favorite, I can continue to use that same change and update each favorite window I have while the Window Tool Setting is up and thing my favorites?
Todd Oeftger
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
4hotshoes wrote:

So if I change my favorite "Fixed Window" trim to be wider and Update the Favorite, I can continue to use that same change and update each favorite window I have while the Window Tool Setting is up and thing my favorites?
The redefine will apply all settings that are active, including the object itself so not just the size, another way to update a favourites content is to use the favourites palette, right click, and use “Edit”. This will open the relevant settings dialogue, then make changes to the favourite, then click OK. You can use “Edit” on a multi selection as well, and if you change the size of A or B for example, only that change will apply to all those selected favourites.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Barry Kelly
Amending or editing a favourite will not update placed instances of that favourite if that is what you are trying to do.
It will only amend the favourite for future use.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11