BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO is undone when copying

Dave Brach
Advocate
when I drag a copy of my model all the walls that were "subtracted with upward extrusion" at the roof, return to their original height. What's going on?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to copy the operators as well as the targets, at the same time. (You can't copy the targets, the copy the operators)
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
You need to copy the operators as well as the targets, at the same time. (You can't copy the targets, the copy the operators)
Can GS link somehow operators and targets ???? Some kind of auto group command

To saves us from pain produced by loosing time copying something hidden that should be copied automatically with targets ????
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Autogrouping them may not be the best solution because those elements might already be in other groups which would complicate things.

Here is an idea: when an element with any kind of SEO connection is copied, ArchiCAD would display a warning: The element you are copying has SEO connections. Do you want to also copy the elements participating in those SEOs? Yes? No?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like how shell handles the holes. its parametric, adjustable and straight forward solution. You can change shape of hole any time, move it and edit it

Morphs have their own sub,union, inters command and they are final. When you execute subt on morphs, its final. You can't change it anymore, its not parametric but visually its finished.

So looking at this up i would create something like that but mixed and parametric.
When you define shape of operator element and you execute subtraction command i would add little boolean with option that i want this subtraction to be final like in morph visually( movable with object, copy too) and parametric like hole in shell (i can still edit it later in wireframe in 3D or in plan shape of operator no matter what element it is)

Archicad is sooo powerfull and i didn't understand it as long as i didn't learned GDL. NOw i see world around me trough block, prisms,GDL commands, for i=0 to n loops...Its funny

Graphisoft somehow should unlock these powers and make it more available trough parametric modeling. Its there, its part of archicad since its beginigs.

Imagine that you draw something then mathematically explain what that object will do, in 3D window looking at live transformations, rotations,sub,unions, intersections....
intelligently represented at plans, sections + archicad documentation, calculations, thermal calculations....

wicked

But your idea about copying will do the job too !
Learn and get certified!