Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shadows in 3D

Red
Advocate
Is there a settings within Archicad to have full sun light without any shadows when using opengl for 3D??
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Djordje
Ace
Red wrote:
Is there a settings within Archicad to have full sun light without any shadows when using opengl for 3D??
Switch the sun shadows off.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Red wrote:
Did you mean shading? On my Mac, OpenGL doesn't cast shadows but does shade the sides away from the sun. I was having difficulty with the shaded sides being too dark until I figured out it could be controlled by adjusting the light parameters in the Sun Dialog box found under Image:3D Projection Settings...:More Sun button. Setting all of the parameters to 100% gives me no shading and all sides are equally lighted.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ted,
That's an interesting workaround.
One of my wishes is that in the navigator to have a button that allows the sun to always be positioned behind the camera so when checking a model everthing is always lit.
Uncheck to render.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Ted,
That's an interesting workaround.
One of my wishes is that in the navigator to have a button that allows the sun to always be positioned behind the camera so when checking a model everthing is always lit.
Uncheck to render.
Good idea! It shouldn't be too hard to do as this feature already exists in the QTVR object rendering.
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
Uncheck to render.
Great wish, Erika! I don't think this is on the wishlist yet? Please post over there if not. If I could suggest a minor variant: a button as well as an angle and azimuth setting so that the sun would follow the camera around at that position - which I usually prefer to be slightly to the left or right of dead-on.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Erika wrote:
Uncheck to render.
Great wish, Erika! I don't think this is on the wishlist yet? Please post over there if not. If I could suggest a minor variant: a button as well as an angle and azimuth setting so that the sun would follow the camera around at that position - which I usually prefer to be slightly to the left or right of dead-on.

Karl
Karl,

This is what the QTVR setting does already. I would hope they would simply adapt the same function. Set the relative sun in the 3D settings dialog and check the "follow me around" option.