cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Teamwork ID Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the attached warning trying to tell me, and how does this happen?
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
It means that someone did a Send & Receive, then managed to go back to an older version of their own file.

One way I can think of would be to save a PLC, save it, then Send & Receive. Re-open the PLC without saving, now Send & Receive again. You will get that message.

It's probably not due to a crash since Archicad is usually really good about autosaving before a Send & Receive.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Like Tom says, this happens when a different PLC has been opened and a Send & Receive has been attempted. This isn't necessarily always a bad thing.

PLCs can be saved and saved as and saved as, leaving you with multiple copies of the same PLC. You can then open any one of them and make the desired changes and send and receive the changes back to the model. Sure you'll get this warning, but it's just a warning. What this means is that we can work on multiple options of the same PLC and send back whatever option we want. It takes some due diligence, but it is a brilliant way of managing different options, and can be used on any type of project. I teach this all the time and it has proven very popular.

I'd say in your case, mate, that it may be OE (operator error ), and that you may want to get all of your PLCs in a row. It doesn't mean that you can't go back and send & receive with another PLC as long as you don't sign out.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link! That makes a lot of sense -- I'll keep it in mind.