BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trying to go 3D... need help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm drawing a simple balcony for a residence. As you can see on the balcony plan, I've used the slab tool to create the balcony decking and the balcony framing below. The framing is shown as a red dashed line (red is a light lineweight for us). This works great. My problem comes from the balcony elevation, the slab is also showing as a red line in the elevation as well. I cannot seem to change these in the slab settings, if I change the weight it changes in both drawings.

Is there a solution, besides developing different pen sets for plans, elevations, etc?

Also, for some reason the slab is not showing as dashed in the elevation. I don't want it to, but from the settings it seems like it should. Any ideas on this?
10 REPLIES 10
Steven wrote:
Um, yes. By clicking that option, it changes all the cut or uncut elements to a certain pen, am I correct?.
Only partially. You can set up a different pen for distant elements, and you can set up a different pen for hatches. You can show hatches in the closer elements and not show them in the distant elements. I think it gives you a lot more control than setting pens by element, which is a lot more work, and which I think will definitely require touchups in the end anyway--because outlines follow overall shapes and not elements, etc.
Learn and get certified!