Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls have weird cutout in section view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have never seen this one, am modeling as-builit 2 bdrm/2 bthrm home w/attached garage that steps down...

The walls of the garage have what looks like a negative space in Section View that is the height of the slab, which is under them...what did I do wrong...have checked the renovation filter set to 'existing'... See pdf below...???

CD02 SECTION B.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Is there a slab in a hidden layer that is cutting the walls?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
alemanda
Advocate
... or has your section line a step? so you cut the roof along a line until a certain point and the the section continues along another line where the roof has other slope ...
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at your walls they don't have any cut fill and the contours are thin, so I suppose the walls are not cutted by the section, but are shown in a view, so they might be trimmed by the roof at some point in the background where the roof pitch goes down.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Looks like the walls are interacting with another element such as a beam or slab or you have duplicated a wall into that location.

I would check the 3d view to see if there are walls in that location. Next switch all the layers on and see if there is a slab interacting with the walls.

If the other element has to remain where you have it then you can use a Layerset that sets the Layer priority to have a different layer number

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
rgarand
Booster
Looks like your section line, in plan, is not straight.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000