cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

loss of fractions of an inch in windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure I have clicked a wrong button somewhere along the way

.......But why can't I change any of the dimensions in my windows and doors to fractions of an inch. It always bumps me up or down when I try to enter a fraction? Any thoughts? Is it a setting in master template?
6 REPLIES 6
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Shae,

Maybe your Working Unit fractions are set to at a lower level of precision than you require?

Options>Project Preferences>Working Units
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to tell you, but it has taken an hour to do a send and receive after a travel pack.......Don't ever do it! This is a small project. TEAMWORK HAS WAY TOO MANY ISSUES.......not ready for prime time
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope not it.....I don't think that it makes a difference, but it is set for fractional inches, which I am trying to enter. Can you change a window frame from 1" to 3/4" using the latest 14 library build?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had originally posted a reply similar to NCorinia but deleted it because it was repetitious. I was thinking the same thing. Do you have it set for 1/64 fractions out of curiosity? Because if you have it set to 1/2" or larger, than it will round up instead of giving you a 3/4" frame.

And to answer your question, I tested mine and I can change the frame size to 3/4"
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope it is set to "US ArchiCAD Users," which is 1/64" and still no change? For example I have a empty door opening, and want to change it from a 3'-6" opening to a 3'-5 1/2" opening and everytime I enter that it jumps back up to 3'-6" I have also noticed something else. My text is automatically defaulted to show in inches for height vs. font size, but the dimension tool is arranged by point size? I wonder if they are related, and I wonder if it is related to our use of "master template?" (it with teamwork are the bane of my existence)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Shae:

If it is the marker dimensions that you are referring to, then check Project Preferences > Dimensions: Window/Door Dimensions. This setting is part of your Master Template, so it should be updated.

David
Proj-Pref-Dr-Dims.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14