Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

loss of fractions of an inch in windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure I have clicked a wrong button somewhere along the way

.......But why can't I change any of the dimensions in my windows and doors to fractions of an inch. It always bumps me up or down when I try to enter a fraction? Any thoughts? Is it a setting in master template?
6 REPLIES 6
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Shae,

Maybe your Working Unit fractions are set to at a lower level of precision than you require?

Options>Project Preferences>Working Units
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to tell you, but it has taken an hour to do a send and receive after a travel pack.......Don't ever do it! This is a small project. TEAMWORK HAS WAY TOO MANY ISSUES.......not ready for prime time
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope not it.....I don't think that it makes a difference, but it is set for fractional inches, which I am trying to enter. Can you change a window frame from 1" to 3/4" using the latest 14 library build?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had originally posted a reply similar to NCorinia but deleted it because it was repetitious. I was thinking the same thing. Do you have it set for 1/64 fractions out of curiosity? Because if you have it set to 1/2" or larger, than it will round up instead of giving you a 3/4" frame.

And to answer your question, I tested mine and I can change the frame size to 3/4"
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope it is set to "US ArchiCAD Users," which is 1/64" and still no change? For example I have a empty door opening, and want to change it from a 3'-6" opening to a 3'-5 1/2" opening and everytime I enter that it jumps back up to 3'-6" I have also noticed something else. My text is automatically defaulted to show in inches for height vs. font size, but the dimension tool is arranged by point size? I wonder if they are related, and I wonder if it is related to our use of "master template?" (it with teamwork are the bane of my existence)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Shae:

If it is the marker dimensions that you are referring to, then check Project Preferences > Dimensions: Window/Door Dimensions. This setting is part of your Master Template, so it should be updated.

David
Proj-Pref-Dr-Dims.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14