Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Sliding Doors with PARAM-O?

MrSoleil
Booster

Tired of the lack of specific multi sliders, I decided to create a PARAM-O object that'd serve as sliding doors. Can anyone tell me how I can achieve the panel distribution like here:

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 14.29.51.png

Dimension A is obviously the opening width.

Parameters:

- number of panels (panel width = dim A/no of panels)

- dilatation between panels

- panels depth

4 REPLIES 4
Marc H
Advisor

Hi MrSoleil,

It might help to understand what the AC sliders lack that you are in need of.  If it is the available leaf design, it is much easier to edit a slab (or morph) and Save As a Door Leaf (under File, Libraries and Objects, Save Selection As...)  Your saved leaf will be available to the AC slider door under Custom. Nice, too, is that it will be parametric within the door size parameters you choose for the overall slider.

As an example, the attached snip shows a simple custom leaf I just created and inserted into the standard AC slider.

Custom Door Leaf .png

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
cuba
Expert

Hello, 

This is a possible setup in param-o.  

- 'Hotspots' added to make the object adjustable in plan (hotspots = very small cubes cubes can by turned off)

- Dilatation (grout) is controlled by the depth of the object

- Depth offset and end offset (when placed in opening)

- % opening

Panels.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
MrSoleil
Booster

Thank you. I can see the PNG, but can't open the .gsm file in any way. What version AC are you using? I have AC 26 with updates and it won't load from the library manager nor as an external object. 

Here you can find v26 + the param-o File

(was testing AC27)

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27