cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Hotlinked Modules - Mirrored / Flipped Status

JoeA
Booster

Q: Is there a way to query if a hotlinked module is in its "natural" orientation or is "flipped"?

I could not identify a parameter that provides this information.  (I am looking for a parameter similar to the "symb_rotangle" global variable for gdl objects.)

This would assist with scheduling modules such as a kitchen and bathroom layouts in a multi-family project to identify if the module is mirrored.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe A.

ArchiCAD since 8.0 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

2 REPLIES 2
scottjm
Advisor

Frustratingly no. 
What I have done in the past is added a coding into the Hotlink Master ID like {M} and then used to if statements in GDL labels to recognise this. 
you could potentially use a property expression to find this coding in the Hotlink Master ID

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

If there is no better way: a workaround could be to publish say the K1R (R = right) module and place it into another module-publishing story, mirror it on its own publishing story, and publish that as K1L. If module publishing is set up in Publisher, this minimal and bulletproof additional initial setup will simplify downstream setup and trouble a lot. 

Also, any label that does not mirror quite right, or any element specific to K1L, can be skipped from the layer combination used for publishing the K1R-to-K1L “process” module (which does not need to be the same as the combination used for publishing the K1R module, for placement into the host building file), and reside locally in each of K1R and K1L. 

Setup info provided by author