Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

General rotation function

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a simple way to rotate any object/wall/slab/geometry on any axis or combination of axes? I have been assuming there was and that I just hadn't located the button yet but I'm beginning to think that is an incorrect assumption.

I know you can rotate a beam by typing in a slope. Is there any common function or button that works on any geometry to rotate the item in the x, y and z axes?
26 REPLIES 26
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
If I understand you correctly -- rotating an element in 3D, and not just restricted to plan? You might want to try Cigraph's ArchiRotate, which will rotate Objects. I haven't used it yet, so I can't make any recommendations, but because it's free, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the lead, I'll look into that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
If I understand you correctly -- rotating an element in 3D, and not just restricted to plan? You might want to try Cigraph's ArchiRotate, which will rotate Objects. I haven't used it yet, so I can't make any recommendations, but because it's free, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try...
If you do not mind paying look at
http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Now a days it does that and al ot lot more.
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Notice that Laura said Cigraph's ArchiRotate rotates objects not
AC tool elements like walls and slabs. I am not sure but I believe
this is also true of Objective.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Encima Objective looks like it is only objects as well.

Is there an easy way to rotate say, a slab from flat to vertical? Or do you need to use a roof for any kind of sloped surface? The other day I drew a circle. Filled it with a slab and then tried to rotate it from horizontal to vertical. I wanted the curve in order to do an SEO.

If I had used a roof instead of a slab would that have given me the ability to rotate it 90 degrees?
Rakela Raul
Participant
Is there a simple way to rotate any object/wall/slab/geometry on any axis or combination of axes?
No
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Seraphim wrote:
If I had used a roof instead of a slab would that have given me the ability to rotate it 90 degrees?
I believe roofs will only rotate up to 89 degrees. You could, however, have made the "circle" slab into an Object to rotate it.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Select your slab, and set your 3D Projection Settings as shown...
Rakela Raul
Participant
Seraphin,
you need think, what do you want to achieve and then think about the ac tool that will get you there...and make sense....if i want a vertical element, why should i use the slab tool? the wall tool would be more appropiate for that case, etc.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16