BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

I can't see the 3D model with OpenGL "engine"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

I changed my graphic card, and after that I can't see the 3D model in Archicad 22 EDU
I have tried restart computer, and Archicad, but the problem still exists.
But with the vectorial engine, i see the 3D model.
What should I do?

My PC configuration:
-Windows 10
-i5-4460
-16gb Ram
-RX 580 8gb

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Archicad 22 requires OpenGL 3.2 I believe.
Either your new video card does not support this or you possibly just need to update the drivers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now, I downgraded my Graphic card driver to 17.5.2, and now the 3D model works with OpenGL engine. So I think the new AMD driver (19.1.1) was bad.
My video card is supporting the OpenGL 4.5 version. (I checked it with OpenGL Extension Viewer 5.3.0) So I think that the problem was not the Open GL, but it was the amd driver. Do you think that it will be fixed in the next version? Because it worked well in the previous version.

Thanks!
Gergo
Barry Kelly
GergoH wrote:
Now, I downgraded my Graphic card driver to 17.5.2, and now the 3D model works with OpenGL engine. So I think the new AMD driver (19.1.1) was bad.
My video card is supporting the OpenGL 4.5 version. (I checked it with OpenGL Extension Viewer 5.3.0) So I think that the problem was not the Open GL, but it was the amd driver.

Sounds like a driver issue for sure then.

GergoH wrote:
Do you think that it will be fixed in the next version? Because it worked well in the previous version.

Do you mean the next version of Archicad?
It would have worked in the previous version of Archicad (21) as that uses OpenGL 2.0 I believe.
And your 'new' driver was probably fine with this.

If 22 is now working with an older driver then it sounds like a driver issue rather than an Archicad issue - although I have no real idea as I am not that technically minded.
I am not sure if it would be an actual problem in the driver that the manufacturer would have to fix or if it is a tweak that needs to be made in Archicad to use the new driver.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!