BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Library issue

ksjhawk
Enthusiast
I have a problem that I have not yet seen posted...I migrated a file from AC12 thru creating a .pla file of the original teamwork file (I have also tried via simply sharing the .plp after opening in AC13, with no luck either). Once I open the file and share it, I cannot figure out how to gain access to the default AC13 Library.

I have uploaded the library thru the BIM Library Manager dialog box to the BIM Server. Here, I also see my extracted .pla file's library already loaded. When I open the Library Manager dialog box, all I see is my .pla extracted library, but not eh default AC13 Library. I have tried reloading, refreshing, removing and replacing the default library with no luck.

In testing and working out issues, I have set up the BIM Server on an unused machine on our network. It is running 10.5.8, but no server os. I have admin access. Everything at this point seems to be fine, but I can't seem to take advantage of the default library.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Picture 16.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
17 REPLIES 17
dearmariana
Newcomer
laszlonagy wrote:
So you are saying that the library is loaded but the elements within the library are not listed in the Object Settings Dialog?
That's what I'm saying.
Is there something we've just overlooked maybe?

thanks, Mariana
Mariana Pickering, LEED AP
designer and sustainability consultant
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What you are showing on the first image is the Manage BIM Server Libraries Dialog. It shows that Libraries available on the BIM Server. This does not mean that what you see here is added to the Project.

Go to the Library Manager Dialog and Add the BIM Server Library to the Project. Click the right-pointing arrow button to the right of the Add button at the top, choose Use BIM Server Library. In the new Dialog choose the BIM Server, select the Library from the List and click the Add button. That takes you back to the Library Manager Dialog.
Then Reload the Libraries.
The library of your choice must be in the list of Libraries in the Library Manager for it to be available in the Project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dearmariana
Newcomer
laszlonagy wrote:
Go to the Library Manager Dialog and Add the BIM Server Library to the Project. Click the right-pointing arrow button to the right of the Add button at the top, choose Use BIM Server Library.
We can't.

I understand what you're saying.

But when we click 'add', we get a dialog that looks like the one attached. We select 'browse for embedded objects', the only option.

Then we can never actually open the libraries... it forces us to 'open' all the way down to the element. That's confusing - I'll send another photo of that...
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
dearmariana
Newcomer
Do you understand what I mean? Is there a different library file we should be trying?
Picture 4.png
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you Teamwork Role does not allow you to Manager Libraries.
You need to go to the BIM Server Manager and make sure that you have a Role that has the "Libraries Add/Modify" enabled. Otherwise the "Use BIM Server Libraries" option does not even appear in the Library Manager Dialog.
You can modify either the default Role you are assigned. Or you can modify your Role only for this Project.
In either case I think you will need to Leave the Project and then Join again before the changes can take effect.
dearmariana
Newcomer
Thanks I'll try that right now and get back to you. I'm not sure how the Role could have changed, because we've only been using one computer to test Teamwork. The other computer won't even start ArchiCAD since we added it to Teamwork. Someone told us it has something to do with Snow Leopard and our font book... but that's a whole different issue.

I'll get back to you in a minute... the computer is in use right now.
Thanks, Mariana
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
dearmariana
Newcomer
laszlonagy wrote:
I think you Teamwork Role does not allow you to Manager Libraries.
You need to go to the BIM Server Manager and make sure that you have a Role that has the "Libraries Add/Modify" enabled. Otherwise the "Use BIM Server Libraries" option does not even appear in the Library Manager Dialog.
You can modify either the default Role you are assigned. Or you can modify your Role only for this Project.
In either case I think you will need to Leave the Project and then Join again before the changes can take effect.
Thank you so much! This worked. We had not realized the difference in abilities between 'architetto' and 'architetto capo'. Thanks for all your help.

Now just have to figure out why AC13 is crashing on Snow Leopard. I'll search the posts...
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome.

Architetto capo is Lead Architect, I guess.
Yes, that Role has access to everything.
The normal Architect Role is is more limited, not allowed to manage the Project, make changes to attributes, libraries etc.
Learn and get certified!