BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

!Restored: Hotspot Coloring

Anonymous
Not applicable
This one is a vital addition.

I use hotspots for various reasons. (i mean the ones created with the HOTSPOT gdl command). Move a point, change a height value or even turn on and of an option. As hotspots increase, its hard to find the correct one.

So the wish is simple. Have a simple command to set a color for hospots.
I think it would be very easy to do but save us a lot of trouble.

What do you think?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
may i ask the one voting not needed, to write why he came to that conclusion? I am really puzzled. Ok to vote not essential, average.. but not needed. Do you know a workaround for that to share with us?
TomWaltz
Participant
It wasn't me, but you can already set the color for hotspots.... it's right on the Info Box.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
i mean gdl hotspots (moveable- stretchable ones)
The ones you create with HOTSPOT command.

You cannot color those. Can you?
TomWaltz
Participant
OK, those are not controllable.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
may i ask the one voting not needed, to write why he came to that conclusion? I am really puzzled. Ok to vote not essential, average.. but not needed. Do you know a workaround for that to share with us?
I did. Before you edited your post, it indicated you just wanted to change the hotspot color, which you can do already. Besides, I think the use of hotspots is all but useless these days. It should be removed from the toolbox in my opinion.

GDL hotspots are different. Sure I can see some advantage to them being different colors, but I can also see some disadavtanges. There's plenty more that needs to be fixed before this!

Just my opinion.

Hunter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought posting in the gdl section was clear that i was not talking about drawing hotspots but moveable ones.

The reason i say that is simple. I lately use hospots for interactivity.
For example i create a polyline and i create in the middle of each segment a hotspot. If the user moves it , it triggers a division event, and splits the polyline in some segments. Some other time i use the SAME hotspot to edit the line segment pen color. I may use it for as many functions as i want. But it would be nice for the user to know that if for example its green then its subdivision mode, if its red then its a moveable hotspot and so on.

Hotspots is the only way to interact with the user in gdl.
You can even create a menu based on hotspots.

A simple idea : you want for example the user to enter a series of points to define the outline of something. Simple. You create a single hotspot somewhere. When the user moves it you store the position he moves the point (in an array) and then recreate a hotspot in the original position. Tha way you create some interactivity.
Learn and get certified!