BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Spit Window into Single Windows

toman311
Enthusiast
This would be just like how we have Split Multi-plane roof into Single Plane Roof, but instead would be applied to windows. This would be useful for creating Window Schedules. I would model a triple window for preliminary purposes and since it is much easier to do that than to model 3 individual windows mulled together. When I get to creating schedules, I would like each window to be scheduled individual in the 3 window ArchiCAD component. Splitting the windows into 3 separate windows should also allow room for adjusting the separating mullion sizes and surrounding casing to keep with the triple window group functions. This would be very helpful in ArchiCAD 20 because the option to adjust the size casings individually isn't available anymore like in ArchiCAD 18. This was a very useful feature too. Now I got to model any gaps in with a Morph Magic Wand. At the very least, I would like each window in a ArchiCAD group to show up individually on a window schedule. It really should be an option to have them show individually or as a single window group. This seems like it would be as simple as adding a checkbox for the user to decide.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 REPLY 1
toman311
Enthusiast
The answer is to the custom casing dimensions is...

When casings are desired to be different widths (in ArchiCAD 20 that I know of), gang the side of the window you want to mull to another window and check the casing box right beneath the box you checked to gang that side of the window. Then, to get that casing to meet the other windows casing you are mulling it to (which will be ganged on the appropriate side of course), adjust the shim space under "Nominal Sizes and Tolerance". The casing width with adjust according to the shim space number.

... and that is how you do custom casing dimensions in ArchiCAD 20.
It took me around a year to finally realize this answer! I am going to enjoy drawing windows so much more!

This is much better than using the Morph tool to fill in the gaps for every piece of the window.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Learn and get certified!