BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

TeamWork Sign In via View Sets

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have optimistically predicted to our staff that sign-in by View Sets is just around the corner in ArchiCAD. In that the convenience of using Layer Combinations at sign-in was added in AC8, isn't a pull-down for View Sets a slam dunk?

We are formulating our shared model strategies and structures (login by discipline, layers devoted to horizontal/vertical controls, defining exclusive access tasks, etc.). Being able to use the View Sets to establish basic areas of responsibility in the model would be very helpful. Anything to make the sign-in process more transparent for staff that aren't familiar with the structure of the models windows... They are just added to the team the final week to get the project out the door.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the idea of a more seamless logon process, and I think I understand what you’re trying to accomplish. Many of our view sets share resources though. A floor plan view might be looking at the same wall as a section view for instance.

I wonder if Archicad’s entire logon and reservation strategy shouldn't be reevaluated. As much as we try to slice up and organize the work load to minimize overlap, we are constantly changing our workspace for one reason or another. A more user-friendly system, and a big time saver, would be where individual elements (objects, lines, walls, or whatever) were reserved on an “as needed” basis. Items are reserved when someone needs to edit them and freed up when “OK” is entered.

Accessibility and “rights” issues would be tied to the user’s logon and established by the administrator.
Learn and get certified!