BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Faster key register

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed significant changes in the speed in which ArchICAD registers that a key has been pressed between version 7 and 8/8.1. Example. If i press drag, i have to wait a second or 2 until it is registered before i actually drag or press another key. Slows down the whole process.
17 REPLIES 17
Erika Epstein
Booster
I experience this too. It is a significant problem as it severly slows down working. I believe it started in r2, but someone can correct me. It seems worse of late.

I suspect this delay which is behind some of the crashes I have been having. I repeat or give new commands when the first one doesn't "appear" to take.

I never thought I'd be having the problem of typing too fast

After installing the patch I had trouble with some of the shortcut keys and graphic buttons not working until I took the long route and went to the menu commands.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I should boot up my IBM this weekend and see if I have the same problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not a new problem...it has been reported before on this forum.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=6598&highlight=#6598

Matthew...again with "try using a different keyboard"...
Did you have any sense of deja-vu with this post?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard,

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be annoying annoying.

I know I've said it before. I (perhaps wrongly) assumed this was the emergence of a new problem or re-emergence on an old one, not just a continuation.

I am not suggesting that every one should change their keyboards. It is a serious problem if it is any more than the odd peripheral that doesn't work correctly. I am just curious because I have never had serious input problems on my PCs.

Looking at the older thread it appears that this still has not been addressed by GS. It seems like it ought to be.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Richard,
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be annoying annoying.
I thought it quite humorous really...because if it wasn't on the top of my aggravating issues list, I would suggest the same thing. The fact of the matter is no one knows what to think of it...except to change keyboards...

Now that there appears to be some "re-emergence" and interest in the subject....Who knows? Hopefully, it is still being addressed by GS.

Laszlo? Care to comment?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Laszlo? Care to comment?
khkhkhmmuuum....{clearing throat}

will this be addressed anytime?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Richard wrote:
Richard wrote:
Laszlo? Care to comment?
khkhkhmmuuum....{clearing throat}

will this be addressed anytime?
Sorry,
somehow I managed to overlook that this was a question addressed to me.
I am in comm with GS so I ask them about this.
But as I see in the beginning of this thread GS people (Laszlo Neda) were involved from the beginning so they are definitely aware of it.
I'll come back with an answer
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have been informed by Graphisoft that optimizations were made in the latest patch of the program, so it should be better now. If the problem continues with 8.1 R2+ as well, you should let me know or report it.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!