cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Let the Floor Plan Cut Plane show what is actually cut

Rve
Booster
  • for me this is one of the most annoying things in Archicad: the Floor Plan is showing a symbolic representation of the Wall at the Cut Plane height instead of the actually horizontal section of the Floor Plan at the desired Cut Plane height. Everything looks great in 3D but when you switch to 2D it’s a nightmare. So much work needs to be done to make it look good in 2D. Please do something about it. Please!!!!! (Like Revit)
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

Set the wall floor plan display to 'Projected with Overhead' instead of 'Symbolic' and the walls will respect the Floor Plan Cutting Plane too.

You will only see a cut wall if it passes through the cutting plane.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

your solution works but only partly.
Wall is remaining to be one of the tools that is not working 100% with the cutting plane. If it is not slanted at top/bottom it is okay though.

I`ve made a wish about this a few months ago.
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/Wall-diplayed-correctly-in-2D-based-on-3D/td-p/367795

This should be considered too.

Karel

True.

Trims to roof and Solid Element Operations do not show in plan - that applies to all element and not just walls.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Tinou
Enthusiast

Anyway, this topics not just concern walls but all AC elements.

2D display of elements like walls, stairs, railings, roofs, slabs, beams ans colums should be centralised in MVO or wiew settings instead of being setted once fore each element. This process takes too much time, specially for stairs !

Étienne - AC 24 - France

@Tinou wrote:

2D display of elements like walls, stairs, railings, roofs, slabs, beams ans colums should be centralised in MVO or wiew settings instead of being setted once fore each element.

I prefer it on an element by element basis.

Then I can choose how each element looks.

Set it once in the default tool settings to what you will want 99% of the time, and every element you model from then on will have those settings.

Then if you want to show differently, just amend that one element.

If it was controlled by MVO then we would not have that choice.

@Tinou wrote:

This process takes too much time, specially for stairs !

With stairs (and railings) you set the break mark to be at the floor plan cutting plane.

Then set how you want the visible and hidden parts of your stair (railing).

I am not sure how much more automatic you can get?

BarryKelly_1-1689579354859.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend

The growing use of the MVO for element settings is becoming too large for its primary focus, which should be GLOBAL display settings that are changed between drawings for better model - drawing representation. It does its job well with general adjustments, but it is bloating up with specific element settings e.g. stairs, railings, curtain walls etc. I don't disagree they need a setting point that is applied globally, but that point should be within the element settings and not detached in another location. It could be set up by storing global Stair Styles in the stair settings that can be picked in the MVO or having global settings for different Levels of Detail within the settings and the MVO controls which LOD is used as it already does with various elements?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)