cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Markers, Zone Stamps, Dimensions scale-dependent

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I wish all GDL objects that display text were scale dependent, the most important ones being Door and Window Markers and Zone Stamps. They should at least offer two set of options: one for DD (usually M 1:100) and CD (usually M 1:50).
I myself many times had this problem that I had to go through the whole project, all plans, section, elevations etc. and change text sizes because of the switch from DD scale to CD scale.
For example, in DD you could only have 2 mm text sizes, while in CD we could have 2.5 mm text sizes (there was more room) which is more legible on a printed page.
Actually, this scale-dependent behavior could be extended to the whole geometry of the Marker. For example, in DD we do not display the ID with the circle around it, in CD we do. It would be nice to be able to define all these options for DD and CD. Then by simply switching would give us the exact Marker look we need.

Another big item this scale-dependency would be very helpful with is dimensions. Here again, in DD I might have 2 mm text sizes, while in CD we could have 2.5 mm text sizes. Scale-dependency could make it change text its text size automatically when the scale changes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
3 REPLIES 3
The better solution, and IMHO easier to implement is: markers driven by MVO
I have made myself such improvement as some of partners needed that solution, and of course I am using it in the current project.
The best part is that all markers change on the fly if needed (a view needs it).

Best Regards,
Piotr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, MVO can be incorporated as well.
It could work like several default ArchiCAD objects do: they have a switch to use MVO options to set them globally or override them with settings in the Object Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
I wish all GDL objects that display text were scale dependent, the most important ones being Door and Window Markers and Zone Stamps. They should at least offer two set of options: one for DD (usually M 1:100) and CD (usually M 1:50).
I'll add M 1:200, with only hole axis.