cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Separate LCF file for stair objects and macros.

Barry Kelly
I really think something like these stairs should have their own separate library, so they can be updated separately to the main library - especially as they are new and should be updated often.

Plus the fact there may be others like me that don't actually use the default GS library - and therefore the stairs (and stair MVO options) don't work as they should.
Or maybe I am on my own here and everyone else uses (loads) the default GS library.

Currently I have to extract the LCF file, find all the relevant bits and pull them out into a separate library myself.
Yes, I can just load the GS library as well but then I have duplicates with my library which was an old GS library that was customised especially for us many years ago - and I really don't want our users using the default GS objects as I can't alter them as easily as I can our objects.

The separate LCF stair file should also include all stair MVO options as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Of course this applies to railings as well.

It has been 6 weeks since the INT library update was released and we are still waiting for other versions (well we are still waiting for AUS version at least - don't know about others).

And according to the release notes for the INT version there are a whole lot of stair and railing fixes and updates.

I think I will raise the question with our AUS distributor and see what they say.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
NL version is also ussually many weeks behind. I suspect quality control at Graphisoft has to go over quite a few localisations.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Just had word from GS Australia (Central innovation) and they say they have received the AUS library and are testing it.
Should be released sometime in January.
I assume this will be similar for other nationalities.

Still I think 3 months is an awful long time to wait for important updates - especially for something new like stairs and railings.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Given all the 'teething' problems with 21, I've yet to start working with it.

Also because 20 works just fine for the current boom of large single houses we are designing.

But yeah, still waiting for the update, in the meantime we've had High Sierra roll out on our Macbook Pro workplaces (we use both windows workstations and macbook pro), making it even more tricky to update.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
furtonb
Advisor
I would like to bend the original wish a bit, and have a tool/dialogue that finds all the relevant library parts (macros, images, other objects) and asks whether to export them as well. Would be very useful for doors/windows too...
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64