Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Staggered Or Dynamic Elevation Level Lines

Arshdeep Singh
Booster

The Ability to Stagger Elevation Level Lines would be of incredible help as quite often we deal with design where level lines are required much closer to each other leaving the text overlapping over one another.

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Can you please show an image of what you call "elevation level lines"?

I am guessing you mean storey level lines?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry !

Yes, That is correct. Please find the image attached below.

When storeys are use for just the main floor levels, there usually is no problem as they are quite widely spaced as in your image.

But when people start using storeys for foundations, ceilings, roofs, mezzanine floors, and other levels, then the storey markers can become quite crowded.

Of course they can be turned of in the storey settings, but they can't be repositioned in the elevations,

There are 3rd party object (I am not aware of any in the default library, but then I don't really use it), that allow you to show different levels.

They have been mention in post here, and you might find them with a bit of searching.

Something like...?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Documentation/Level-Marking-in-Section-and-Elevation-for-a-Site-...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Documentation/Level-Marking-in-Section-and-Elevation-for-a-Site-...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello Barry !

Thank you for sharing the link, yes the image that I shared shows how the story lines would normally look when tagged to the main levels only.

But, often I have come across situations where we have to use multiple levels spaced quite close to one another which causes the overlapping. However, I will look into the links that you have shared.

Thanks Again !