Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Text Joining Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
With the new text tool, working with text is CONSIDERABLY better. So a feature that I'd like to see, the icing on the cake if you will, is a utility to join multiple instances of "text" into ONE multi-line text item.

Say a multi-lined text gets exploded (by mistake?). Currently the only way to get it back together again (if UNDO is not an option anymore - quite possible) is to do the "copy-paste" dance. And depending on the number of lines of text you have to deal with, this could become quite a chore (obviously there are a number of other reasons for this feature/tool).
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
Sergio wrote:
Say a multi-lined text gets exploded (by mistake?).
. . . or it arrives like that in a DWG.

good idea.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
~/archiben wrote:
Sergio wrote:
Say a multi-lined text gets exploded (by mistake?).
. . . or it arrives like that in a DWG.
... as Mline is still unknown to most of the Dark side ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Let's bring this one up again for AC10. At the very least, our programmers should be looking at AutoCAD to make sure ArchiCAD has similar capabilities. Of course, in AutoCAD, this feature is one of their unsupported "Express Tools". In general, I think we could use some basic scripting tools to do things like merge layers, align objects, and play with text, as mentioned above.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB