Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Window / door etc. associate with two or more walls

Radek Vybihal
Booster

Associate a window/door etc. with two or more walls. Image in Attachment.

Thank you.

Window.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein

This has been on the wishlist for years.  I'm surprised it isn't on the roadmap.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
StefanV_BCP
Advocate

And if may add to that, It should behave like an opening tool, meaning it can affect Hotlink modules.

Stefan Veselinović
BIM Manager for Bureau Cube Partners, Serbia
WISH HUB: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/WISH-hub/td-p/393063
Barry Kelly

Valid (long time) wish, and hopefully one day the window tool will be like the opening tool where it can be associated to more than just one wall.

Or the door/ window and opening tools will be amalgamated.

Just in case you or anyone reading aren't aware of the options, they are...

Add a separate empty window (or opening) in the other wall - you will have to adjust both separately if your window changes.

If it is the same wall type, just make a single multi-storey wall - then you need just the one window.

If the walls are separate profiles you can merge them into a single complex profile wall and again you will only need the one window.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
arch_08
Participant

I completely agree. The easiest solution would be for windows, doors, skylights, etc. to function as an opening tool, as this would enable some additional functionalities.

If we had this functionality, we could:

• Sometimes you have a wall made with two separate walls next to each other
  • In renovations, add a new layer (wall) and connect the window to multiple elements.
  • Connect the skylight to multiple roofs - sometimes the roof is composed of several parts, especially if, for example, one part of the roof is insulated and the other is not.
  • Additional functionality: connect windows and doors to a curtain wall, which even the opening tool cannot currently do. Sometimes the final layer of the facade is made with a curtain wall (slats, suspended facade, ...) and currently openings need to be made manually.

torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

But why are the walls on top of each other? Maybe you can split the walls vertically instead of horizontally to position the window.

Vicente Donoso
Contributor

WE NEED SKIN DESIGN in Archicad!!

half-height something applied on a facade, happens a lot. If the window/door had an option like "openings" to interact with something else, that'd be awesome. (Event to a slab/ ceiling, regarding the tracks that touch the floor)

Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil