Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

publish reference with transparency

Dave Brach
Expert

I would like to be able to publish the trace reference to pdf with the same transparency and color that are visible on my computer screen.

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
3 REPLIES 3

You can't directly publish a TR.

Save a new view with preferred Pen Set output (meaning make one so it can look like your TR), Graphic Override or whatever approach is more comfortable for you and superimpose that on a generic layout to your Main reference View...

Fast and Repeatable work-flow that helps....

AC 7-26 (current 27)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home

A trace reference on a layout can be published to by checking the "print reference" box in document options.  But the best aspects of Trace & reference (quick transparency and color control) are lost.  You can't really do the same thing with pen sets and Graphic overrides in my opinion.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 6.26.51 PM.png
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
ryejuan
Advisor

but the output is not similar as you would superimpose then tweak the viewmap to display the settings that you want for the reference plan, but yeah it would also be nice to lessen the clicks that you do to achieve this kind of effect. 😊

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards