cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Level Dimensions

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi all, I need to add up about 100 level dimension values. Having never needed schedules or lists, is this possible in a schedule or element list? cheers
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not directly in that way.

You could schedule the elevation to project zero of the elements you have dimensioned with level dimension. You could then export this schedule to excel and let that add it up.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Brett wrote:
Hi all, I need to add up about 100 level dimension values. Having never needed schedules or lists, is this possible in a schedule or element list? cheers
Just curious, what for? Since level dimensions are placed on some element, could you not just schedule the sum of the heights the level dimensions are placed on? It must be an interesting situation. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Brett Brown
Advocate
Not very interesting,we need the average ground level height around the building perimeter at 1m intervals on a sloping site. That value plus a certain amount will give us a maximum roof height value to keep under. Of course you have to prove how you got that average ground level. Did it manually.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
It's very interesting to me. We have to do the same sort of thing around here.
Examples -- http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/codes/dr/DR2012-4.pdf

An Interactive Schedule for this would be very useful. There are a lot of fussy reports and evaluations we need to make for Building Permits these days. This is another good example of why we need a better way to use Formulas in ArchiCAD.

Some of the Energy Calculations required around the US are Excel Spread Sheets that you download from the Building Department website. When I have to use those (Washington State for Example) I make an Interactive Schedule that generates the data I will need to fill out those forms, in the same order as is in the form, so I can fill it out quicker. I am not familiar enough with Excel import-export to make an Interactive Schedule that I can import with Excel and have it fill out the form perfectly. But I think it can be done. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

JaseBee
Advocate
Agreed, I thought it was an interesting problem, if I were doing it all the time I would create a object to do it for me. Would be nice if they let you schedule useful stuff like level dimensions and such though right?

Failing that I would probably approach it with columns. Place them at the intervals you want to measure (have them all on their own separate layer). Use their height as the measurement you need to take. then create a schedule calling all the columns on that layer, their heights (with totals enabled) and the quantity field. Then dived the total of the heights by the quantity of columns.

Easy! Until you change the buildings design and you have to do it all over again...

also the multiply along a path feature might be useful for this, though I've never used it.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
alemanda
Advocate
Use of columns will solve the problem. JaseBee suggested it.
If I'm not wrong you can have the sum of the height of the columns in a schedule. you don't need anything else.
As JaseBee said place columns all around the boundaries so that the height of each column is the level you want to measure. Then set a schedule only for those columns scheduling heightsand quantity (number of columns)and then just make a simple maths to get the average.
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it